Help me out ! Press the ads !

Dr.Drum Beat Maker Click Here!

Dustin Kim - It's The Weekend

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1st time working

Well last monday I was abit blur when Jodie calls me and ask if I wanna work, but the detail I not so sure bout because I was blur LOL..I have to make her repeat few times untill I get what she means.. HAHA !! At first I thought it was her auntie who want to hire temp staff to do the stock count. Who knows end up coming from her sis friend.. HAHA !! Not I'm the only one who thinks like that, others that went to work also think it was Jodie's Aunt hahaha ~ well thank god she called me, it was rather fun I can say.

People who went to work includes Jodie, Me, Chee Jong, Kok Wai and Chin Han. Due to transport problem, I have to get a free ride from someone who possess a transport. Reached there early but Jodie is kind of late but right on time =). We welcome by 2 staff and they show us around the place office, warehouse etc. Then a Trade Sales Manager have a brief with us to assign us the job and tell us what to do.

Well when we reach there we saw a girl sitting on the chair and looks like she'll be joining us also so that makes us 6 person and seperates to 3 teams to do the job. Eventually me and Jodie in a team, Chee Jong and Chin Han and lastly Kok Wai and that girl.

When work starts, Kok Wai team is the 1st to complete their task and we all like WTF ~ so fast ? then we have a look at their store rack which half empty rack. No Wonder so fast can finish counting and key in to the laptop. XD Then followed by Chee Jong team then finally my team =.=. I don't why know I'm the last team to finish maybe mine have more titles to check and to key in plus there is a lot book that is not organised properly like this book should be at this location but gone to the others. It happens FEW times that I have to re-arrange the book and placing it by moving the books from the shelf and put in back. I think that's why we are the slowest among them.

We had our lunch break at 12++ where they tapao chicken rice for us. How nice it was for free and we have our lunch at one of the meeting room near the door to the office. We all felt so paiseh bout it because the meeting room has a big see through glass and passbyer or other staff might just look at us eating our lunch. HAHA !! We also have a small tea break after 2 hrs after the lunch break.I've thought we need to pay for lunch. By right we should pay for our own expenses instead they pay for us and buy us food for tea break.

After checking the 1st area of rack, the others already counting the other stores with even more Boxes of books. I'm the last team to assist them since my area of counting is so slow >.< .

Sharp 6pm we receive our pay in cash. We actually finished our work a bit early and just have to save the file and hand the laptop back to the person. Well 10 hrs of works get pay for 80 ringgit, I think is pretty worth if let say you worked for a month 30 days so totalling to 2400 ringgit per month ? lol don't sue me for being so picky for the numbers I know they don't do stock count everyday lol..I just giving example.

Overall it was fun, we have fun when we doing our job. Flexible and the most important thing is we Enjoy the work. It's not about 80ringgit matters, it was a good experience for me to have OFFICIALLY work for the first time. Helping dad fixing computer I don't consider it is a work for me because it's more like family business or something like that which it does not counted as a work. HAHA !! because ur superior is your dad, ur dad can't be scolding you for work not done or something.

At first what's in my mind was, earning money from other people is not an easy task. The worst case was to count the stock where I needed to use stairs to reach them. HAHA !! but luckily reality is much more easier.

The most important thing that I want to mention is all the staff in the company is Super Friendly and Super Helpful eventhough the storekeeper have his own time watching anime while we doing our work and he real can sleep.HAHA !! no offence la ~ His the man who in charge for the store, not saying his procastinating but umm just don't really have much things to do when someone doing the stock count.

It is good to work in this environment provided they treat us ( temp staff ) as permanent staff ? something like that. Those who work together with me know what I mean. =). Hope I still have chance working with them together with my friends again.

Mock is just 1 day ahead and I didn't really revise my book. I didn't do well in my PT2 but I hope I can get a better results for MOCK and be more hardworking towards FINAL. Study is a MUST do thing but don't forget to take a break to rest yourself to avoid excessive of information and mental block. =)

0 Paws: